Your cart is currently empty!
Build Muscle and Burn Fat with Metabolic Strength Conditioning
Metabolic strength conditioning is a type of exercise that combines strength training with high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to help build muscle and burn fat at the same time. This method also activates up to 72-hours of post-exercise fat burn that continues even when laying around the house or sleeping¹.
The goal of metabolic strength conditioning is to increase your metabolic rate, which is the rate at which your body burns calories. This is achieved by performing exercises that target multiple muscle groups at once and using high-intensity intervals to keep your heart rate elevated throughout the workout².
Here are some tips for metabolic strength conditioning:
- Start with a warm-up: Before you begin your workout, it’s important to warm up your muscles and get your heart rate up. This can be done with light cardio exercises like jumping jacks or jogging in place².
- Use compound exercises: Compound exercises are exercises that work multiple muscle groups at once. Examples include squats, lunges, push-ups, and pull-ups. These exercises are great for metabolic strength conditioning because they help you burn more calories in less time³.
- Incorporate high-intensity intervals: High-intensity intervals involve short bursts of intense exercise followed by periods of rest. These intervals help keep your heart rate elevated throughout the workout and can help you burn more calories in less time².
- Use weights: Strength training is an important part of metabolic strength conditioning. Using weights helps you build muscle, which in turn helps you burn more calories throughout the day³.
- Stay hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated during your workout. Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout to keep your body functioning properly³.
(1) Introducing FIT AFTER 50. https://marksdailyfitnesstips.com/.
(2) Metabolic Conditioning For Weight Loss – Blog – HealthifyMe. https://www.healthifyme.com/blog/metabolic-conditioning-weight-loss/.
(3) Metabolic Conditioning (MetCon) Workouts For A Leaner Physique. https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/metabolic-conditioning-workouts-leaner-physique.
(4) What to Know About Metabolic Conditioning – Beachbody on Demand. https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/metabolic-conditioning.
(5) Metabolic conditioning: This 5-move Metcon workout builds strength …. https://www.tomsguide.com/news/this-metabolic-conditioning-metcon-workout-builds-a-stronger-leaner-body-in-just-5-moves.